It's a pretty simple, common recipe but I wanted to share it with you just the same :)
Ground Beef (about 1-1.5 lbs)
1 Bag frozen carrots and peas (and corn too if you dig it)
3 large Idaho potatoes
1 small onion, chopped fine
2 cloves garlic
Spices for the beef
Milk and Butter for the potatoes
2 Tbsp olive oil
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel and chop potatoes, then put in a large stock pot and cover with water. Put them on high heat and boil until soft enough to mash.
- While the potatoes are cooking: in a very large skillet add olive oil, garlic, and onion. Stir frequently on med-high heat until nice and golden brown.
- Add the ground beef and cook until it's all brown. Season how you like. I normally go with cumin, salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Mix in the frozen carrots and peas, turn the heat down to low-med, stir frequently until the veggies are mostly warm.
- Mash the potatoes, add milk, butter, and salt to taste.
- Pour the ground beef mixture into a large casserole dish, then spread the mashed potatoes across the top. Fluff them up so you'll get nice golden peaks.
- Stick it in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
Let it cool and serve!
P.S. This makes a LOT. I had enough for dinner for me and the kids, lunch the next day, a tupperware filled in the freezer for another time, and another tupperware to take to my BFF. That's a LOT!