Yesterday was a day for some big decisions. It really began the night before when Mr. Eight emailed me from work about a deployment he's thinking about signing up for. I won't go into details but it will help us out a lot financially.
The catch is that he has to let them know today whether or not he is signing up.
And he would leave in October, for 6 months. A 6 month deployment isn't really that big of a deal, except that he was just gone last November through April. This would be the same time period but add on an extra month. For us that means the whole holiday season plus my birthday, Miss M's birthday and our anniversary. This would be the 3rd anniversary we were apart for.
Then I'll need to decide if I'm going to go home at all. It would be a great opportunity to take the kids home and visit family. My sister has never met Mr. C, and I have friends that would love to see us.
The big decision for me is school. While talking with my mom about it I came to the conclusion that I am just not ready for this semester. I haven't finished all my paperwork, I haven't even officially been accepted. I'm still waiting to hear back from one of my professors about a letter of recommendation and I don't have the finances figured out. If Mr. Eight leaves and I go home for the holidays, I also don't want to have to worry about school work in the midst of all that. I'd rather just enjoy my time there.
So many decisions to make and there's a good chance he won't even be selected! I'll find out today whether or not he put his name in, and then we'll just have to wait and see what happens!