Easter is coming! That means everyone is looking for sweet new recipes for Easter. For my family, Easter is all about breakfast, or brunch rather. We don't normally do much for dinner (we don't live near any family and the kids are too young to appreciate it).
I have a new hobby which will be showing itself come Easter morning. Kids Bento! I've always loved looking at pictures of intricate bento boxes, but never considered how fun (and easy!) it would be to serve food creations to the kids.
A lot of it depends on some simple and inexpensive tools readily available on Amazon. The first few things I purchased were Add-On Items, so I was able to add them to a different $25 purchase and get free shipping.
My kids love eating hard boiled eggs, so the first thing I bought were egg molds. I can't believe how easy it is to use these.
1. Hard boil eggs.
2. While the eggs are still hot, as hot as you can handle, carefully peel however many you are molding.
3. Gently rinse the peeled egg, then place in egg mold.
4. Carefully close the mold and snap shut.
5. Place in a bowl of cold water, let set for 10-15 minutes.
6. After 10 or 15 minutes has passed, take the mold out of the water. Unclip the mold and open slowly. Carefully pry the egg out of the mold.
7. That's it!
Follow my Bento for Kids and Easter boards on Pinterest for more fun ideas! You can also follow along on Instagram and Twitter for a behind the blog post look at what's going on!